Thread: Tgif??
View Single Post
MyAngels 08:14 AM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Ok, I gave it some thought....I was thinking along the lines io what daycarediva said, but with a "living social" angle. A homepage with a map, click on the state, click on a region of the state. Every Friday, you update a list of friday-sunday events, "fun" events, like film festivals, sporting events, museum/library events, kids, parks, nightclubs. The hook would be the site offers deals on these events. Example: "Buy one, get one free admission to the boat show......free parking at the Rays Baseball game.....admit child free with adult ticket to art museum......donate canned food and receive 20% discount on dining......." You get the picture. My son's school sells a coupon book that offers deals like this. I often wished it was available online. I also wished I had access to other areas, like if we were going to Tampa for the day. In summary; a nationwide, interactive map that directs users to fun weekend events in their area and offers deals and discounts as incentive to attend the events. I imagine you could charge the event sponsors a decent fee, those coupon book people certainly charge the sponsors/businesses. I would think you could charge users a very small membership fee, or a per-use fee. I would be willing to pay $20 a year for unlimited use. Heck, I pay $30 for the coupon book every year (yes it's a fund raiser, but I do use the coupons).
So what do you think Michael?
I was thinking something like this, too. My dh and I are often looking for something new to do on the weekends and it takes forever just to find something in our area, so something like this would be a great idea!