View Single Post
Controlled Chaos 04:00 PM 01-02-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank you everyone for your replies but they did not want to go outside because it was below zero and pretty cold. I told them what the rules were and it continued.

To make matters worse we did a lot of extra physical activities that they did participate in but it was during transition times or me taking care of a smaller child that they would do this and that is why I wanted to pull my hair out!!!

Chalk it up to a bad day and a kid with special needs and yes I will be telling everyone the way I told you on here.

I don't like it in family childcare and I am not asking to be a host for it by any means .....It is just not safe here at all
Make them go to a safe place during transition. Joe and John - have a seat at the table. Everyone else _______. Have them sit at the table, or another specific safe spot. Or release them one at a time. Joe you may walk to the rug. Now, Sally...now John. Plan ahead how to manage the transitions. Always have a plan. Especially when you know what sort of behavior to anticipate.