View Single Post
nannyde 01:43 PM 11-11-2017
This whilst you read nearly daily about how expensive child care is.

Georgia has some special sauce like this for their centers but the last time I checked ... when I really dove into it... the way it was set up was that the boots on the ground caregivers of the kids were the low paid no ged or HS diploma required staff.

It was something like the "lead" teacher.. who could have a bunch of classrooms or ages had to have a degree and had to do xyz in setting up curriculum BUT the out was that they could still have the non educated ones providing the direct physical care. They had x number of hours the educated one had to be on site. AND... they had different levels of what educated could be. There were different "certifications" that would qualify the employee to be the lead.

Cathearder what say you? Has this changed.

In the end it appeared that the average center would have to employ a few with the certificates or degrees but the hands on caregivers could still be the low priced uneducated workers.

I would be looking at the holes in it before I made too many assumptions for centers. They are more powerful and have the blunt of the kids.

Home daycare. Well we are easy to push around and easy to push out. When I looked at Georgia's dealio it was that I couldn't move to Georgia and set up shop. Even with a BSN and thirty years of experience, I couldn't be left alone with a kid in my home. But.. here's the fun part: I qualify to be a center director.

Put that in the pipe and enjoy..........