View Single Post
daycarediva 10:33 AM 11-13-2017
I have a degree in ECE. I do think that there should be some sort of educational requirement.

(side rant: I see way too much developmentally inappropriate practice. Provider locally complaining about the child who dumps toys. How they force them to pick them up every time even if it takes an entire morning to pick up one pile. Silly me says how old is the child? 15 months. And a gaggle of providers discussing how 'stubborn' and 'strong willed' this child is, and how they must have no rules about cleaning up at home. UM, that's what toddlers DO!) I can't even try to educate, myself and a few other providers are all but ostracized on the local provider forum for even SUGGESTING that these practices might be wrong. I am sooo tempted sometimes to screen shot it and post it publicly so the parents can see it.

BUT, I DO NOT think providers should have to pay for it. Online classes, offered free to those who work in centers or have a state license, with a reasonable time frame to complete a CDA is MORE than sufficient.