View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:49 AM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I do already have a huge program, and we have weekly themes that include critical thinking, letter/number/color/shape recognition, motor skills, art, etc... and I am positive that all my kids are benefiting from my program vs. just "playing" all day like the daycare I attended as a child.

I guess what I'm asking is...what if it's not enough for the parents? And should I try to convince them that preschool is unnecessary, or just let them figure it out? They are both GREAT moms and only want their kids to have a huge head start in their educational life, which is totally my goal as well! If they are not convinced that my program is just as good as any preschool, would the addition of a certified preschool package help?
In "most" cases, it has nothing to do with what you do or don't offer in your child care.

It's the fact that you are a child care that offers preschool curriculum verses simply being a preschool.

It's about competition with other parents for some, it's about being in a structured environment with only the same age kids for others and it's about having a teacher teach their child verses a child care provider (even if she has a Ph.d..)it's still daycare to some.

If I were you, I would have a sit down conference with this family and ask them about their educational goals for their child. What is it about preschool for them that interests them?

See if you can show them that you offer the things they are looking for (if you do)....

It's always a good idea to communicate to your DCF's what you offer in your program and what you don't.

Sometimes though, it has NOTHING to do with that and has everything to do with a brick and mortar building that is referred to as a school verses a house and a mixed age group.