View Single Post
Mandy 12:16 PM 05-17-2016
I think it is just the era. We almost have to re teach the kids how to play outside and have fun again. In my own neighborhood five years ago, I used to see kids running with basketballs and riding bikes outside. Now, I just only hear my sister and I. My first thought was wondering if they were scared of bees. My little sister was like that, until we told her that if she sees a bee fly towards her, she needs to duck and walk slowly . Now she plays outside on the trampoline and she blows bubbles outside since that day we told her to duck .

With your kids, you might want to try and make an obstacle course. Use what you have and encourage the kids to safely complete the obstacle course . Definitely talk to the parents of the kids and (I am not sure if this is a good idea, but I am only saying this once) , tell them that they need to get acclimated to the outdoors at home. If they are getting too much screen time at home, I know its the parents business but these kids are missing out on nature here. Even if they are outside for 30 minutes to an hour at home, it is a start. After all, my sister and I have had fond memories of drawing with chalk on the sidewalk, riding on our razor scooters, and playing with mud puddles .

Good luck to you you are trying your very best and that is a good thing .