View Single Post
SunflowerMama 11:01 AM 09-24-2018
I've been doing a 4 day week since last September and it has been AMAZING! I was a nervous wreck when I announced it to my families but only lost 1 out of 6 and quickly filled that spot. My families that work full time have moved schedules around although I do have a lot of work-from-home parents who were great about it and it gives them an extra day with their kid which they all love.

I changed my payment structure slightly and saw I started getting more PT families TTH or MW. For me, I love it because part-time pay more per day than my full timers so I am actually making what I made working 5 days and at times I'm making more.

I love having Fridays off to schedule doctors appointments, clean the house, go grocery shopping, take my kids lunch to school, etc. It has allowed me to actually enjoy my Saturday/Sunday because the weekend isn't full of busy errand running. It has also kept me from burning out...I've been doing this almost 10 years now.

Depending on the demand in a given area I say try it out and see but here (we're just outside Dallas, Tx) the need for part-time care is great. I always have a waiting list. Worst case if it doesn't work out go back to full-time 5 days a week care.