View Single Post
adnilwis 07:02 AM 11-28-2018
So I have a dkg who is 2.5 and never wants to go home. She runs away from mom or dad, climbs on the table, disobeys her parents and me, won't put her coat on, etc. Yesterday Dad fought her to put her coat on. He had to put it on while she was rolling around on the floor. She hit him and kicked him. They are always so patient with her and never raise their voice at her. He threatened a timeout at home and ended up carrying her out. Then the other 2.5 year old dkg I watch, basically gave a repeat performance when her dad came last night (right at closing time I might add). She kicked dad, and hit him and threw her coat and hat on the ground and screamed no at him. He never raised his voice at her. I ended up putting her coat and hat on and told her it's not okay to hit dad. It made her sad. Then dad gave her the option to walk up the stairs or not. She did and he told her if we can't listen we don't get to put our own coat on. How would you all handle those situations? I was tempted to carry them up the stairs on my own without their coat and say, "Bye see you tomorrow". This second dad, a few weeks ago demanded my daughter (who is 4) apologize to him after she lightly hit him. He would not leave my house until she did. He never once asked his own daughter to say sorry for hitting and kicking him. I just think parents these days want to be more of a friend to their kids and not a parent. They need to show their children who is in charge and not let their child be in control of everything. Just curious how others would handle this.