View Single Post
jojosmommy 12:12 PM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
But for 65.00 I would expect dinner for my child in an emergency and yes, delayed personal phone calls (canceled plans, whatever). If you just go on with your evening, why charge so much? Let mom pick him up at soccer with you or where ever you are going.

It just really depends on your setting - if you guys are all casual enough that a little late is ok, and a little phone time is fine too, whats the big deal?

Sometimes things really happen. Respecting someone does not mean you can bend time to get there faster, and it also doesn't mean that you have to ignore an overseas call from your mom.

I would look at a 65.00 bonus with glee and take my family out to dinner. I would also be understanding and kind, with an "Are you ok?".

We are all human here.

To some of the other posters in this thread - if you really feel that way about your kids' parents - why do you do this job?
I completely disagree. Would you show up at a store an hour AFTER they closed and assume they would still be there waiting for you to come in and shop? I think it's none of my dcp business who I call during the day and especially after hours. I would be in my pjs painting my toes when they showed up. And like other people said, lucky the kid was still there and I didn't call all her emergency contacts to have him/her picked up.