View Single Post
nannyde 06:58 PM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
With alot of the "debates" going on lately and throughout the year, I was just wondering if there were any type of "rules" in place for using the forum?

Also, do alot of members quit because of the "debates" that go on? I know I haven't seen some of them here lately and was wondering if they aren't members anymore?
Not Michael of course but I thought I could ask a question. I was wondering who you have seen missing recently after a debate? I've seen some members say they are going to leave and after a reflection time decide they still really like it and come back and move forward. I am not seeing members leave forever over debates???
Short respites but not completely.

I think Big Mama said she was going off the board but sometimes with a little space in between the debates they change their minds. You mentioned that the sprinkler thread got heated and "drama" as you say but when you look back on it there are about 25 posters in it and nearly all of them have posted in the last twenty four hours. A few of them in the last couple of weeks and one I could see three weeks ago Of posters that participated in that completely and still post here nine months later. It was VERY controversial but it netted some really great information and posters who have hung out and continued to contribute to other debates and regular conversations. I think debates can really strengthen a board...... like a family.... sometimes the tough descusions make the familiy unit stronger because the people in the family leave the debate upset maybe but understand a lot more of the others position and see value in that.