View Single Post
Play Care 09:19 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by shntbeal:
Truth is I love that the children are picked up and dropped off everyday, one less thing I have to worry about. I Just hate to turn away kids, especially when I need them.
How are they getting to work, if they are not able to transport to dc? Is it just for convenience? Because door to door is nanny service, not dc. I also would be hesitant to do that for families with out a vehicle or who frequently have car issues because that smacks of irresponsibility (part of being a grown up with a job is having a reliable form of transport) and how long until they don't see paying me as a priority...

I would start out how you want to proceed - meaning don't start anything you know you won't want/be able to continue down the road. When you do finally get other kids, their parents are not going to be happy that their kid has to go pick up special snowflake's kid. It will start to be a large burden but you will hesitate to term because they were your first family or you agreed to do it or you need the money, etc. then you get resentful and burn out.

Like BrooklynM, I *might* provide transport for a long term client that has been good to me - I've never minded going out of my way (if possible) for my families with established relationships. But that's a whole other deal, IMO.