View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:56 AM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Now the crying has changed from crying for the other child to crying for mom and dad continuously, even after the other child has arrived. She comes in crying and it continues throughout the day. She won't eat, play with the other children, join us in activities, etc. During mealtimes, she just cries and once we are downstairs, she stands at the gate crying calling out for mom and dad. I have set up a quiet corner with a big pillow and books for her to sit at until she has stopped crying. I tell her when she is finished crying, she can come join us, but she just continues crying.
The only change we can think of is that I did have one family move away and their last day here was on the 6th. She was fine through the following week though. It started last week and has continued all this week.
She is only here three days a week and is with grandma the other two days, but this has been her schedule since she started coming eight months ago. Since the crying started only last week, I don't see how this could be the issue.
Mom has told me I can call for pick up, if she is too much to handle. I appreciate this as the crying can be exhausting to deal with, I just also worry that if I do call for pick up, the child will learn that if she just keeps crying for mom and dad, eventually she will get to go home. (which is what she wants) What to do next?
Has mom indicated any change in behavior at home?
At grandmas? Is she sleeping normally? Eating normal?

Maybe she is sick or coming down with something and is feeling emotional because of it...

Is there any special or favorite activities she will stop crying for? If so, then you know the crying isnt due to being ill or having something physically wrong.... If she can choose to stop when participating in something she likes it might alter how you manage this.