View Single Post
Jdy2222 09:35 AM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
I have a pretty well detailed policy and contract but I tried to be considerate by letting some things slide the first couple of times but man, they sensed my weakness and plowed me over! I let it happen and now they "expect" my submission. I created my own problems by not enforcing like a "mofo" haha! Now I'm paying for it and cracking down. I'm determined to do it or I swear I'll go crazy! Thanks so much for all of your support! I've been reading in this forum site for months and just stated posting!
Every time a parent asks me about bending a policy I think of how it'll affect me in the long run, because usually that day or in the short run it's no big deal ... but coming a few minutes late will likely happen more than once and since I said "yes" once I'm setting myself up for having to say it again. So I say no. Pretty much no to everything, with a caring smile, but ... no.

I've been running my home daycare for a little over two years, but I also ran one when my youngest was a baby for 2 1/2 years. I had a parent take advantage of me so much that I quit because I'd gotten so burned out and so backed into a corner from always saying yes that I just wanted out (this parent was a friend and neighbor going through a horrible time and I was too nice for my own good). I won't let that happen again.

If you're not sure what to say about the "hanging out" parent blame licensing or your insurance company. The breastfed child needs to eat, my policy states that if there isn't enough breast milk or formula parent must provide within one hour. I too find parents far more frustrating than the kiddos.