View Single Post
Lilbutterflie 06:10 AM 04-23-2013
This is the first divorce situation that I have had in my daycare in the four years that I have been open!! But this one seems to be more than just a divorce situation.

DCD is an alcoholic and has been in jail recently for an alcohol related incident. He is out of jail, and DCM has tried to kick him out of the house but he refuses to leave. Since his name is on the house, she has been told there is nothing she can do until there are divorce papers. She completed the necessary paperwork for divorce last week; and informed me that tomorrow; DCD will be served papers for divorce AND he will have to pack his things and leave the house. Not only that, but the papers apparently will also state that for two weeks, he will not be allowed anywhere near their house OR my house. He will no longer be allowed to pick her up from daycare. After the two week period is over, she says I will receive new court papers stating he will be allowed supervised visitation only, and will still never be allowed to pick up his daughter from daycare.

I am a little nervous. I have asked her how she thinks DCD will react to being served these papers; and she stated she is worried because he gets very angry sometimes. Other than making sure I've got the house locked up, and the court papers that I need; is there anything else I should do in preparation or be mentally prepared for? I want to make sure I've got all my ducks in a row and prepared for the worst tomorrow! Thanks in advance for any advice or tips!! For those that believe in the power of prayer- I would appreciate any prayers you can offer for this little one and her family.