Thread: Lingering DCD
View Single Post
Unregistered 06:11 AM 02-27-2011
But I wanted them to understand that he was on it (Cefprozil, guiffenasen) and that he needed to drink throughout the day, not just have milk offered and poured out when he didn't drink it. I also wanted them to know what was going on, that we had had strep, this was the fourth antibiotic and that we got it there, most likely, since the afterschool program kids had had it too. I did bring drinks, and did show up with water after nap to be sure he drank the last few days. They have a water fountain that is turned off, and when I left drinks they were not given to him.

To be honest, we called a mutual term at this center last week, but I was chastized for lingering to talk in the mornings and the running at pickup is a problem for me. DS was also injured twice with no incident report and there has been a staff turn over. To be honest - he also ran when it was time to go at two of the centers we visited last week.

I need to know what is my best course of action. Leaving open play or movie time is just like leaving the park. I am a mom who does not want her son to be in a center an extra hour longer than I work, so I come as soon as I get off - sometimes 4.

We have also had a series of MD appts, ENT too, and the director has stated that she wanted him there no later than 9 unless he is in the MDs or has a note. Often I work 11-4:30. I am not having a lot of luck finding another setting that wants to work with that either, but my most important hours are afternoon and morning appts are often more available. Of course we have drinks in the car to and from.