View Single Post
284878 08:49 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I would have the eight-month-old dropped off already fed. If a baby needs a bottle within 30 minutes of drop off, it's easier for the parent to feed prior to coming to daycare. If that won't work, then I would feed that baby first. The point of the babywise schedule is that a baby is well fed and well rested, so they tend to wake up happy and be content babies. So the little three-month-old may be just content to stare at you and coo at you while you feed the eight month old. When you're done, the eight-month-old can play, and you can feed the little guy.

As for doing bottles before pickup. I kind of extend the same courtesy to the parent as I expect from them. I send home a well-fed, well rested, and clean diapered baby. I would either wake the baby up a bit early from nap to make sure I can fit that feed in, or I would just finish the feed before they leave. Hope that helps!
The 8-month-old is not on a schedule at home. DCM says to feed her whenever she is hungry. I have tried to put her on a schedule here but like today, she was hungry earlier than normal and there are some days she refuses a bottle until later, closer to 11.

Yes, he is very content and waits for his bottle. Thus why I was feeding within 30 minutes after waking. He actually fought the bottle a little bit today when I tried to feed 15 minutes earlier than normal.

I do agree, I hate when a parent shows up randomly and I have not changed/ checked the diaper for a while. One time a dcd showed up as dcb had just filled his diaper. I offered to change him but he took him home dirty anyways.