Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
BrynleeJean 10:39 AM 09-28-2018

a mother recommended a woman on a FB group I'm in for child care in my town. said she has a licensed childcare out of her home and has been doing it or 15 years and is awesome.
I've done my research on this area as most of you I think would. I know ever licensed home because
1 its a small small town and
2 ever provider is listed on the states website if they are truly licensed weather they like it or not
so I look this up thinking i don't think i could have missed this being that I've run a home daycare in this town on and off for the past 4 years and sure enough i am the only one listed in my town.
SOOOOO.
this lady is apparently giving the impression to her families, if not just flat out telling them, that she is licensed, and they obviously like that so much they advertise that FOR HER on FB when in fact she isn't! and I'm over her jumping through all the state hoops and paying all the state fines and taking all the required state classes and doing all the paperwork and making sure i don't even leave a single item out of place. following all rule, I'm sure you get it... ugh just so mad and that lady is just reaping the benefits of having a license without having one by what just saying she has one? bet she isn't even following ratios! and taking my business too and probably charging less because why not? she doesn't have to pay for trainings or sanitizing stuff or proper changing pads or nap mats or cribs to meet standards?
And the sickest thing about this is that the parents don't even know it. they take these kids thinking "oh little old licensed grandma is so sweet and would never do anything wrong' until, God forbid it, that ladies lack of following the rules catches up with her in a big way and one of those babies gets hurt!

and everyone is surprised.........