Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:10 AM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
One of my DCB's absolutely loves satin ribbon edged blankets, and sleeps with one every night. About a month ago I scored a white one at the local thrift store for $1. It is soft and fluffy, and he absolutely loves snuggling with it at nap. Because it was just plain white, I have spent the past couple weeks hand embroidering flannel patches out of my fabric bin to sew on and make it unique to him. I finished the last patch yesterday during nap. Because DCB was off today, I sewed them on during today's nap, as well as made a coordinating cot sheet for his transition to a cot.

Then I washed them. I opened my washer to find that something red had gotten into the washer with my previously white, green, and yellow blanket and sheet and tie-dyed them all bright red and pink. DCB didn't even get to see them before I ruined them! Ugh.

But, the fact that they are now pink does not take away from the fact that each patch is a picture of one of DCB's favorite things. Even if they are pink, they are both soft and fuzzy, clean and fresh smelling, and ready for a little boy to snuggle tomorrow. And the entire project only cost me $1.00, as I used fabric scraps and other supplies I already had. Always look for the bright side, right?
Can just feel the love that went into all of that!! What a sweet thing to do!!