Thread: What Do I Do?
View Single Post
beachgrl 10:35 AM 10-05-2011
I am sure any one who frequents this board knows I have been trying to get enrollment up but not much is happening for me right now and I am getting to a point where this is make it or go back to working outside the home again and most likely not in an ideal situation...that being said,

I have a parent who is very interested and who is trying to get a job that is quite possible she will get, but it will be 5 days a week...varying days/evenings and some weekend time as well, only when her 5 days falls under that time and when her hubby is also working at the hospital where he wouldn't be able to keep their child. My question is, how should I charge for this? I don't want to overprice myself out of a possible spot that I could care less if I have the kid evenings or weekends at times as long as it is during her work hours and that it's only 5 days max or it would of course be more.

I changed my rates to $125 and have even thought about going down to $100 to get kids to fill these spots because being full I would make enough to make up the difference from people not using me because I charge more than others in the same area kwim?

So, do I charge her $125 and let it be whenever she needs care as long as it's her work schedule or do I charge her a flat rate for m-f including if she needs day/night care that may be the $125 or more? and charge her a daily rate for the weekend days if she needs them?

arrrghhh...I want to be flexible and help people and help myself in the process and I have turned down similar situations in the past only to not have but two drop in kiddos who are not cutting it! help!