Thread: Gassy Baby
View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 06:32 PM 01-26-2018
My nephew who I watch is super gassy. They switched to a different formula that helps with gas but it took several tries before they found one that seemed to help. He gets gas drops added directly to the bottle every time. They tried several brands of bottles before settling on dr.browns bottles. The most noticeable help though has been feeding him smaller amounts more frequently instead of larger amounts further apart. Currently I feed him 4 oz every 2 hrs. And I stop to burp him after every 1.5 oz and then burp again at the end. Then about 10-20 min after the bottle I lay him down and do bicycle legs on him for several minutes. If he is extra gassy I hold him so that he’s lying across me on his side and that helps.

Another baby I watch used to have gas so bad he would scream. Turned out to be a dairy and soy allergy. Switched to a special formula that has to be ordered through a doctor. That helped but not as much as I would’ve hoped. The doctor put him on a probiotic and within a couple days the gas was gone. Haven’t had a single issue in the months since. I have no idea how the probiotic works to help with gas but it definitely worked for this baby. Or maybe that was a coincidence but it may be worth looking into.