View Single Post
OwlLady 09:14 AM 12-09-2017
Hi everybody! Well thank you so much for all of your advice I really appreciate it. I talked more with mom about the issue at hand but I also expressed to her that her family means a lot to me and that I am happy to do anything I can to find solutions so that there is less stress on everyone including the infant. All I got a was text message yesterday morning that she decided to pull both of the children from my care and then a very generic email saying “my children’s last day will be x day” and signed her name. I try not to get too emotionally invested in this but it’s hard not to; this business is different then say a desk job (which I’m not saying cannot be meaningful) but it’s hard not to grow bonds and love for the children you take care of like your own. I just feel like I’ve always been very reliable for her. I can count on one hand maybe the times I’ve called out sick in almost 3 years, I always let them know months in advance of any time that I might take off for say a family camping trip, I give them a great discount, I let her switch her days around with me multiple times never a problem. I just feel like I’ve worked really well with them on top of that I taught the older brother his ABCs, colors, to count, etc all before he was two, amongst many other things and while I’m not necessarily wanting an award or a trophy, I am honestly hurt that she didn’t even bother to thank me or acknowledge the last two and a half years with her family. It is just really hurtful that in a position like this where there’s no paid time off, no sick pay, no vacation time, you open up your home to other these families and there’s a lot that you sacrifice for your own family to do this and some people just are so easy to treat you like a random babysitter and ignore the issue instead of trying to help find solutions. Has anyone else experienced that where you feel this in many ways is a thankless job?