View Single Post
SilverSabre25 11:44 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by littlemommy:
That's what I thought...but with the positioning of the bites there is no way he could have done it. One is vertical on the backside of his bicep, the other is horizontal above his elbow. On the other arm is one horizontal above the elbow. The horizontal ones could have been self inflicted, but not the vertical one.

His parents know that my son has bitten him once before. I never thought not to mention names, and told them it was DS last time he had a mark. I saw that one happen, so I had proof. This time I don't know. It doesn't quite add up to DS.

Do I ask the girls' mom if she has ever bitten? Do I tell the victim's parents that I don't know who did it and never heard him cry? I want to keep it professional and not lose a kid over it.
Hmm, tricky. I would casually ask the girl's parents at pick-up if she has ever bitten. As for the boy who was bitten, I would tell the parents that you can't release the name of the biter, assure them you're taking steps to correct the situation and prevent further incidents, and that he didn't cry when it happened. I wouldn't say you didn't hear him cry...that could be interpreted as you weren't within earshot at the time, or something.

Consider bringing all the kids into the kitchen while you get lunch, sit them in their seats, and sing songs/give crayons and paper to keep them entertained.