View Single Post
allsmiles 07:57 AM 12-21-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yes, I would have charged the flat weekly rate of $60 PLUS the daily rate because the whole point of a flat rate is paying no matter how much time they use the space or don't use it...kwim?

The extra day of work would still be billed at the regular daily rate for SA'ers then at $30. So for a full week (4 days after school and a full day on Friday) their rate would be $90.

I know that seems like a lot sometimes but honestly the variation in schedules, the here one day and then not agian until next no school day, the irregularity of being here after school some days and not others all plays into the rate......COMPLEX scheduling = more pay or it simply is not worth it to me.

Oh, and the feeling bad or guilty part.....Totally NOT allowed in child care!!!!
haha!! okay i will work on that..
that was my thing. i was like WOW they are paying the same as a toddler that is here and eats everyday and they only ate one day so i will lower it.. but you are right.. its just too much to think of all the different scenarios and have a rate for each!
the rates should be the rates, no if and and buts about it..
i saw that some dcp's charge a slightly higher rate for before and after school and the parent doesnt pay anything extra for school out days..might think about that too..
thanks alot!!!