View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:22 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
How many of you have ever bumped a part time family when a full time family wants you.

I have been going through a lot lately. I lost 3 kids within 2 weeks so I am really looking for anything right now.

I have 2 part time families and 1 full time. The one part time family will be starting in a few weeks. The mother is a nurse and needs me to be available to her M-Th for 2 children even though she only needs care 2 days a week. Her days will change every week. I am only charging her for 2 days a week. She has to pay this weekly rate regardless of attendance/holidays. Yes, I am very glad this will help with my income but looking into future clients (If they ever call) I am worried that I this position will prevent me from taking on TWO full time families. That is such a big jump in income. The reason she is leaving her current home daycare provider is because they basically bumped her for a new family.

I have never bumped someone before to take on a full time child. I am so worried about upsetting the family. They couldn't find any other home daycare that would do what I am doing for them with the flexibility. Financially though I really don't think I could pass up this part time family right now but in the future I feel I wouldn't be able to pass up full time clients.

What exactly do you say to families when this problem arises?

How do parents react?

Again this family wont even start for 2 weeks. I am thankful they chose me but I am looking into the future even though no one is lined up.
That is not true.
There are plenty of daycares that will take her on with that kind of schedule.

It's the payment obligations that are stopping HER from using any of those other daycares.

They WILL accommodate her schedule. She just doesn't want to pay them for that flexibility.

When she presents it as if other daycares won't take her, that is such an unfair and kind of dishonest statement to make. One I suspect she made so you will feel sorry for her.

If parents need/want convenience, they should have to pay for it.

Instead, they try and get the provider to deal with it and try and figure it out.

HER work schedule and personal situation should NOT affect you or your finances. She is using that against you and you are the one taking the loss for someone else's situation.