View Single Post
Unregistered 08:42 AM 06-15-2010
Thanks for the replies. I hadn't thought about the signing in and out thing the way the last poster poised it. Maybe signing him in and out at the same time is a great way to document it all. We're just worried that something is inky here with this daycare. I've been through this with my own kids and completely understand the day care side of things. We know that his spot needs to be held when he's with us for visitation so we pay for the 5 days. But, when he is with us during the summer (1 week in June, 2 weeks in July and 2 weeks in August) we have to pay for daycare in our area for him. We would be paying almost $ 1,200 a month for 1 child if we had to pay both daycares for a full month each month. Luckily the daycare we have for him in our area is working with us and only charging us for the weeks he is with us. We didn't sign him up for the daycare he's at when he's with his mom. We did some research and found that the DEL (Department of Early Learning through Washington State) won't refer that daycare because of the complaints and "valid issues" they've had so we're not thrilled with that daycare to begin with. We'll have to look at the fee agreement again. We want my boyfriend's son to be in a safe, happy and healthy environment when he's at daycare so we really don't want to make waves with the daycare. It's just that there's no financial way to pay for the full months when he's only there for 2 and 3 weeks during the summer because we have to pay for another daycare during those weeks too. Anyway, thank you all for giving me the provider aspect of things. It helps me to see both sides of this a little better!