View Single Post
workingfromhomemom 10:57 AM 05-30-2011
Well, to be honest I'm not sure if the girls were left alone outside or with the 16 year old. I know my niece had to have been left alone because the boy came inside and she was still out there. I didn't know she was out there- I thought she had been picked up. I think the wife thought the husband was watching them (that is what she said) and the husband thought the wife was watching them. They were both busy doing other things- not okay. I don't know of the laws but I do know she told me only her or her husband were allowed to care for the kids.

I did do a little investigation with my 4 year old. I was very non leading and basically went all over her body (including head, toes, etc) and asked if she was tickled there. She only said yes to her tummy. Here is the thing- I DID NOT think it was that big of a deal. If I thought for a second that something funky had gone on I NEVER would have brought her back on Wed. I thought I would just bring it up as a concern. Like normal people do when they need to work something out.

It was her response that worried me most. Why was she that defensive? Why didn't she listen to what the girls BOTH told her and acknowledge it? I kept repeating I didnt think anything weird had happened but she wouldn't hear it. She was in freak out mode.

Also, she swore up and down that her son never, ever touch the kids for any reason. She was floored when the son admitted to tickling them (this happened in front of my brother).

It just really is a shame how the whole thing happened. She lost two great clients. I am excited to look at preschools for my daughter. I think she is going to love it.