View Single Post
dEHmom 06:04 AM 06-02-2011
once again we don't know if he is allowed to be watching the kids. he may be a provider as well.

but the fact that neither of the ADULTS were aware that the other wasn't watching, is a bad sign. how often are they assuming the other is watching?

"tickling" is a word that commonly is used by kids. Because touches can tickle. I would definitely just ask a few questions, not hinting at something, but allowing the child to explain...when he was tickling you, was it on your tummy? your back? your feet? let them fill in the blanks. do not in any way GIVE them the words, or you are setting yourself up for a bad situation.

I also agree with the pp that stated that the reaction that you received from the provider is a red flag....
I know that if it was me, i would defend my son off the hop, but i would remain professional, and be empathetic. no not sympathetic, empathetic. the way she reacted was NOT professional, and not called for. If you went in there accusing her son of molestation or something, ok, that's a little bit different.

my biggest question....HOW LONG were the kid(s) outside unsupervised by adults, and alone with a teenager?