View Single Post
Hunni Bee 06:14 PM 06-03-2011
I just couldn't be comfortable with that. I was taught as a little girl never to allow an older boy or man put his hands on me, and I would teach my daughter that as well.

I just don't feel that if I send my 4yo daughter to daycare, she needs to play alone with a 16yo boy or that he needs to touch her. I don't think I'd mind if he played with all the kids in sight of the DCP, and he played non-touching games with them.

Plus, little kids need to start learning about boundaries and "good touch bad touch" at that age. I'm sorry, but the world we live in now is not that safe for kids anymore. They need to know that a older kid or adult doesn't get to just put their hands on their bodies just because they want to, even a slightly familiar one.
Although, I don't go into body discussions with my kids because I don't know what their parents want them to know, I tell that they have the right to tell any person not to touch them if they feel uncomfortable, and the only people that should be allowed to see or touch their bodies is them, whoever takes care of them at home and me (I still have to help with wiping, etc sometimes) - and that they can even tell me not to touch them.

Im glad the OP's daughter was savvy enough to tell when she didn't like someone's touch. Im sorry, but I don't like this at all. I would definitely leave.