View Single Post
QualiTcare 10:54 PM 06-22-2011
you may not like or approve of cursing, but cursing is not verbal abuse. would i say "i'm gonna knock your f'n teeth out?" noo, i wouldn't. but it sounds like that's the way this family talks to each other. what you need to consider is do you think she would really knock his teeth out or even hurt him at all? if she had just said "i'm gonna knock your teeth out" in a joking manner, it wouldn't be AS big of a deal, but add that "F" word and people freak out. it's just a word and maybe a poor choice of a word and a word that other people wouldn't use, but it doesn't change her intent or mean that the intent is actually there.

i cuss like a sailor and i make no apologies for it. i've said to my kids, "i'm gonna kick you" and they laugh bc they know i'm joking. the fact i've never and wouldn't ever do that and they know it probably has something to do with it so i'd be highly pissed if i got reported bc a nosey neighbor overheard. we say all kinds of things that other people would consider "inappropriate" but i don't care because it's appropriate in our family dynamic. my husband and i call each other names like we're giving compliments. it's just our sense of humor. i'm guilty of saying "punk" to my kids as well.

basically, you'd be reporting her for cursing and thank goodness for my sake -cursing isn't a crime...yet.