View Single Post
Lilbutterflie 06:19 PM 10-16-2012
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
Not mean at all. If she is hungry enough, she will eat. I would just let DCM know what she ate at Pick up so she can maybe offer her a few extra calories in the evening if she feels that she needs to.
You could also try to serve something she does like at one meal or snack (like strawberries and yogurt for snack), maybe give her a little extra strawberries and no yogurt or something if you are concerned about the little amount of food she is consuming.
Feeding DCKS is hard. I now have all my DCKS bring in their own lunches and snacks. They love getting out their lunch boxes and get to eat things that they like. Saves me a lot of time and $ too. The food must be healthy though and they may bring 1 dessert for after lunch.
Soccermom- I have been contemplating changing my fees (decreasing them) and not serving lunch; like you are doing. My thought is that I would shifting the responsibility of their kids eating (and eating healthy) on the parents to pack healthy lunches; not on myself. And, hopefully, each child gets to eat what they like and we don't have the lunch wars anymore. But I'm afraid that it will turn into a couple of them eating healthy, and the others bringing JUNK. Then the healthy eaters are jealous of the junky eaters, and we are all unhappy again. How do you make sure your parents are packing healthy foods? How do you enforce something like that when it is so subjective?