View Single Post
Willow 12:03 PM 10-29-2012
The cause of her slow feeding - too slow of flow on the bottle's nipple? Or maybe needs a blanket blinder because of distractions? Both?

The cause of the attitude - spoiling.

I've got two infants the exact same age as you. Baby one is the third child in the family and it shows. Baby two is first born to a very young mother who cannot stand to hear him cry and people fly to him at absolutely every peep.

Baby one - calm, focused, secure, patient (if I get busy making lunch or something), very happy and sweet.

Baby two - insecure, fractious, flailing, tantrum-y even. I've had mom bring him in to the doctor many times already trying to distinguish if his behaviors were in any way due to pain. Nope. He is completely healthy. He returned today having learned a new skill.....blood curdling screaming over and over and over again if he's not tended to at the drop of a hat. I'm not talking sadness or tears, just super angry sounding wailing to get everyone's attention. I'm big on AP but THAT?? At one point later this morning I had to just lay him down and close the door because he was fed, changed, napped, had loads of toys around and while I tended to the other kids (was the first time all morning) still proceeded to be so disruptive it was reducing the other kids to tears.

I've tried to wear him but he's so big (20lbs already ) and so incredibly strong that when he gets that mad regardless of being held he'll just swing away punching not only me with his arms but himself as well!

Sounds ridiculous, a 4 month old being able to inflict harm on someone....but when he'd get my face, particularly my glasses or nose? At times he left me seeing stars

He's the first kiddo I've ever met where I'm convinced he needs the exact opposite of AP