View Single Post
Unregistered 08:50 AM 12-10-2013
Originally Posted by hgonzalez:
My DCP's have been bugging me to make a decision about what days off I am taking for the Holidays. I have told them about the paid Holidays and one other day. I give a 2 week notice, so I need to decide today.

Personally, I think it's kind of rude they have to bug you for a decision. It is your business and they are at your mercy right now. What are they supposed to do if you decide to take days off, they have no backup care and they can't get the day off? Or if they arrange backup care and you don't take off and then have to pay double? Email is very impersonal and kind of unprofessional. They should have been handed a sheet to fill out with days off or asked personally at pickup. If your taking a full week off I don't think 2 weeks notice is sufficient. JMO

As for your mom, I'm really sorry you are going through that but since it wasn't in your original post it seems as it's more of an afterthought now that your upset. And if it were my mother I wouldn't find out what works best with parents, I would just take off the week and spend our last Christmas together.