View Single Post
e.j. 01:33 PM 02-22-2014
Is there any possibility that the ban is on those hot cocoa packets that you add water to make the instant drink and not on a glass of milk that you warm on the stove and add cocoa powder to - or is it the actual chocolate powder that's banned? I don't serve chocolate milk so I've never given it much thought but it would seem that by giving kids a glass of milk with a little bit of chocolate Quik would still meet the milk requirment?????

I remember several years ago there was a question in our area about serving chocolate pudding for snack or dessert. (Doesn't meet food program eligibility for reimbursement.) One of the food program reps at the time suggested that there was nothing stating you couldn't put a little chocolate pudding powder in a bowl and if, say, one of the kids just happened to pour some of their fluid milk into the powder well then.....what can you do? I don't serve pudding here but I laughed thinking there's a way to get around just about any rule or regulation, isn't there?