View Single Post
Mister Sir Husband 05:14 PM 02-28-2014
Welp, I may as well chime in here myself. First off I am not yet familiar with ALL the new regulations, mostly just the ones I read on here.

Personally, They may not like this, but I am going to have parents sign off on what hours they need me. If for example my last kid leaves at 4:30, and that's the time that his mom has agreed to pick him up by, then as her car leaves the driveway.. my tv gets turned on, the outlet protectors get removed, computers plugged in and a pile of knives will be scattered throughout the kitchen as I prepare dinner... because as I see it, when my last kid leaves I am closed for the day. On the same idea as if a parent calls because they cant pick up til like 8pm or something (maybe their car blew up or something).. I am not depriving my own kids of a bit of tv because there is a day care kid still here.

As far as extra inspections, I am not worried about it. I look at the inspections differently than most. A lot of providers worry about being cited. I don't. If I am cited for something, I look at it as a possible safety issue I missed, and am actually happy that the licenser found it before a kid was hurt.

I also don't worry about them going into rooms that are not used for daycare. If this is true that they can, I will fill these areas with stuff that will embarrass them as much as it would myself. "Oh.. I know that's an awful lot of adult diapers and prophylactics, but there was a sale and I had a coupon"

So for now I am just chillin to see how everything plays out between now and when the rules actually kick in. In the meantime however, I have been invited to a meeting on March 25th at my local Family Enrichment office, where there will be OCFS licensors on hand to answer any and all questions that I may have. So by all means, if any of you have no such opportunity in your area to do this, send over some questions and I can ask on your behalf..