View Single Post
wdmmom 09:14 AM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
So, if the parent is trying to get their child in a program that does not have an opening for 6 weeks, and if they don't secure the space now it will likely be gone....they shouldn't take their child to meet the potential new provider? The parent is DUMB for not talking to the provider FIRST? No way in HELL I would talk to the provider first when she CLEARLY cares about her INCOME before she cares about the FAMILY.

Whatever....I cannot have this discussion with people who CLEARLY only care about the provider side of it....it's the same ol' same ol' here....providers covering their own asses and the parent is always wrong. I am sick of hearing this same old song............
That's great!!! Parents can do what they want. After all, they are the child's caretaker/guardian/parent. They make decisions for them. And, if changing daycare is what the parent wants to do, it's well within their right!
HOWEVER...if there is a 6 week wait to get in, don't you think it would make more sense to notify the current provider YOURSELF and take your child as it gets closer to the enrollment time...not 6 weeks before?!

From a parents prospective: I wouldn't introduce any new provider, place, etc to my child until I met with the people first and made the decision to enroll my child. I also wouldn't have the discussion with my child if there was a wait. I would give my current provider the time required by contract and within that time frame, schedule a time to bring my child by the new facility.

From a providers prospective: I think a child telling the provider anything makes for bad business. Kids talk and whether it's fibs or truth isn't really up for us to decide but when 20% of our income lies with this family, we usually fear the worst and hope for the best. Some of us have the ability to strike up conversation with the parent and ask. Others don't. I don't see where this provider did anything wrong at all and should have never been told the way she was. Especially when the parents were spineless and tried ignoring her questions. Why make the break any more difficult than it usually is?! Be open and honest and enjoy the last little bit of time you have. AND...ask when their last day will be!

In my opinion, the parents approach to this was very tacky, rude and disrespectful towards the provider.

That type of situation would never work here. If I couldn't get a straightforward answer from the parent and the kid is the one that told me. I'll make it easier for all involved and make the break that day!