View Single Post
Lucy 06:36 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by Texasjeepgirl:
I know exactly what you're talking about....I did the EXACT SAME THING.. for years and years... I didn't charge for holidays either.. for a long time.. DUMB.. real DUMB..
I also didn't charge for vacations until 1 year ago.... which meant that in 2007 .. when I had a hysterectomy... I had my sister come from out of town.. I worked Monday.. had surgery Tuesday.. came home from hospital on Thursday.. and sent my sister home... went back to work Friday.. with the assistance of my 4 teenage daughters... (THANK GOODNESS)...
ANYWAY..I can probably use some 'tweeking' myself..so if you find something great... send me an email..
I know what you mean. I don't remember when it was, but at some point I was at my first aid class and we were talking on the break. This one lady talked about how she charged a "tuition". One set price, no deductions for days missed - whether it was for their sickness, vacation, etc., or mine. Paid holidays, paid days off, etc. I swear doves flew out from somewhere behind me, the wind blew my hair, and angels sang a beautiful "ahhhhhhhh". It changed everything for me. I remember thinking, "we can do that???". LOL.