View Single Post
fctjc1979 04:48 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Okay ... so this has NOTHING to do with daycare but had to share:

My first ultrasound was today so it was a short day for me. Everyone gets picked up by 1pm and we're on our way. Problem with our paperwork and the order needs to be faxed by my DR. Lady at window is a B!t%&. Won't even give me the registration papers to fill out until the order is faxed. 15 minutes later and nothing. It's now past the time for my appointment and I don't even have the forms to fill out. I call my Dr's office. They have a problem faxing it over and noone is picking up the phone at radiology. I ask the lady at the window for the fax number and she shushed me and told me to wait my turn. After going back and forth she quickly calls out the number and I repeat it and finally they get the fax through. She makes me wait until she's done with a lady and then gives me the registration papers. I fill them out and give them back to her. It is now 25 minutes past my appointment. 20 minutes later still in waiting room, time to get my daughter at school. Fiance leaves to get her. 5 minutes later my name gets called and I'm by myself. I cry. Technician looks concerned. I tell her it's the hormones. She eventually gets the whole story out if me.

She is really kind during the ultrasound and very nice. She makes me feel better. I stop crying and hear the heartbeat. She asks f I want to know the sex ... it's a boy!! I'm excited, totally feeling better. She takes her time and shows me everything. I get cleaned up and she asks me to wait so she can show the pics to the Dr. to make sure everything is ok. 5 minutes after she walkes out there's a knock on the door and my fiance and daughter walk in. I tell him that we just finished and he's a little bummed but excited at what I tell him. Tech comes back in and says everything is great and then pauses. "You know, were running a little behind but ... why don't you jump back on the table? We're going to show these two the baby" I was sooo happy. She did another sonogram to show them the baby and she didn't have to. I got her name and sent her flowers. I hope she likes daisies. Very good day.
It's so cool when people do things they really didn't have to do so they can make someone's day better! Congrats on the boy and good luck on the rest of your pregnancy!!