View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 09:33 AM 12-11-2015
I don't wait around for clients like this. I plan my days according to a general schedule which includes meals, outside playtime and walks. If they run late I continue with my day.

If I'm in the middle of serving snack or meals and someone stops by at that time and they are late then I tell them to get their child ready (taking off their jackets, washing their hands, etc.) if the parent at that point is running late and needs to leave quickly I remind them that they need to arrive earlier.

If I have a walk planned I go on it. If I get a call or text asking why I'm not home I'll let them know that I'm on a walk and where I am and they can come to me to drop their child off (If I have my sign in sheet).

I don't wait for clients, I have a routine and a general meal schedule that I stick to so if they are late that's on them. They all know this since it's in my policy but I still sometimes get the ones that don't take it seriously but it only takes one or two times before they "get it".

I also drive my kids to school and pick them up at certain times and the daycare kids go with me so I let them know what time I leave and what time I return beforehand and I don't "check on them" when the time gets close. I just load up the kids at my usual time and leave. Sometimes I get a 11:20 am "we're here" text (I leave at 11:15 am) or the 11:15 am text with "be there in 5 minutes) and I just respond with "Picking up F from school. I'll be back at 11:45". They get it pretty quickly