View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:40 AM 01-16-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I hope it gets easier! I'm to the point with this family that it's pretty easy, so that's a start.
It DOES get easier. I promise.

After so many years of doing this job I see the same excuses used over and over. I am now "gifted" in being able to read between the lines

Plus, you learn after a while what is and isn't YOUR problem. When DCM said DCD didn't tell her that he didn't pay, my first thought was "Wow, DCM should be really mad at him now" because him not telling her has NOTHING to do with you.

When she said she didn't get the text, I would have said, it didn't matter because I don't normally send texts or reminders to people when payment is past due.....kwim? You shouldn't have to remind or text her about payment due dates when that is HER responsibility.

She is also lucky you allowed her to come over after business hours. I don't allow that. Business happens between business hours ONLY. I don't care if providers live in the homes they provide care in. You have a right to NOT have to deal with business on your off hours.

Sounds to me like this mom is just mad now because you enforced a rule she agreed to.

The next time she tries to give you any sort of sob story or excuse just look her right in the eye and say "I am sorry you are having to deal with that. Your balance due is xxx." and smile.

HER life issues have NOTHING to do with her payment due. NOTHING. The faster providers learn to separate those things from each other, the easier it is to deal with payments.

Can you imagine your dentist whining to you about his lawn issues.... You would be scratching your head and wondering what that has to do with your teeth right? Same thing!! Daycare parents personal issues (including budgeting) have ZERO to do with the services you provided and expect to be paid for.

Good job standing your ground!!! Because it's business and NOT personal.