View Single Post
MunchkinWrangler 08:05 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
With 8 "potty trained" boys in the house (I use that phrase oh-so-loosely...do boys ever really finish training how to correctly pee in a toilet? I'm still training my husband) I am FOREVER cleaning the toilet and a 6-12" radius around it. Sometimes the wall behind it. Once the mirror above it.

I do just add it in my daily chores though. I normally just use naptime to do things like that, load dishwasher from lunch, do laundry, etc. After snack every day, my preschool kids help me scrub tables and chairs and put them away, then I sweep and they'll help me mop the dining area. It only takes about 10 minutes with everyone helping, and I think it's good for the kids to learn to help around the house. They love to put socks on their hands and dust the baseboards. My school age kids vacuum, windex windows and mirrors, and refill soap dispensers. Cleaning house is a life skill, and we are in the business of teaching skills the kids will use for the rest of their lives.
I uace 2 1 year olds, 2 2.5 year olds, and 2 SA's that come after school. My 2 year olds are just getting the gist of putting away toys and such so I'm not sure that they're old enough to do more. I could be wrong though!