View Single Post
Meeko 12:58 PM 03-29-2016
We are a family. We do family daycare. We all use the house. We all make messes. Therefore....we ALL clean up.

Myself, my husband, my son(31) and my daughter(19) all have chores. I seriously couldn't do it all by myself without going crazy. My husband actually wouldn't let me do it all alone, bless him.

My daughter does all the laundry and I put it away. Hubby is in charge of vacuuming. Son does dusting, bathrooms etc. I take care of the kitchen duties.....Sometimes we rotate the chores. We've all had a turn at laundry etc.

We do our regular chores all week and on Fridays, I don't participate much in the daycare. The rest of the family take care of business and I have the day to DEEP clean and unwind upstairs (our daycare is in the walk-out basement) I only go down to have a quick chat with a few parents.

It works for us!

But I have friends who husband's act like they'll explode if they're asked to help around the house......

I was like a "single" mom and daycare provider when my husband was in the Air Force and gone a lot. I then had my own chore chart and stuck to it. ie...a quick clean up as I go each day and then a deep clean of one room a day. No chores on weekends other than what was absolutely necessary.

However it's done...I feel that chores need to be written down..Otherwise, it's easy to spend all day cleaning and yet not really feel like anything was completed.