View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:29 PM 06-06-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Ok, this thread got really off track, but.still pertains to illegal care, so I'll add this:

If good, long-term providers with clear records and happy families.are being forced into illegal operation by DCF AND STATE SPONSORED PROGRAMS to improve quality.........then something is very Very VERY wrong with this picture. If you can opt out and keep your license, or at least still be LEGAL, then that's unfortunate, but waaaaay better than operating illegally.

"Dear Your State,
QRIS programs are meant to improve quality of child care in our.state. Your program is having the opposite effect when it forces good providers to become criminals if they choose not to participate. Shame on you.
Caregiver".

Because this country no longer wants child CARE providers.

They want early childhood EDUCATORS.

I truly believe that family child care providers as we know them to be now will NO longer exist within the next 5 (+ or -) years.

Honestly, I DO think that having a CDA should really be a minimum standard. It is NOT hard to get and the education you get IS worth it.

I do NOT think providers should be required to have an actually A.A or A.A.S. degree or higher.