View Single Post
happymom 10:29 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
I keep pushing the book "No Biting" by Gretchen Kinnell. It's designed for care providers and program directors, but parents should also find it very helpful. It goes into the MANY reasons that children bite, how to appropriately respond with a long-term cooperative plan, and how NOT to respond. While your program director of course will be setting policies and implementing them at the day care, I think parents should be informed so they can support the behavioral plan at home.
My library does not carry this book, BUT, I recognize the cover and I think they have pages printed out and hanging in the 1s and 2s classroom.

I have read through the bulletins posted on biting, but either the teachers are not using the methods or the methods are not working on these kids OR the staff member is just over-reacting and there's not actually a huge biting problem in that class.

My child has been bitten twice, and he has bitten once. I was once there when another mom was dropping off her child and asking why her child gets bit EVERY DAY (her words) and asking if it's only her child that gets bit or if all the children get bit.