View Single Post
Josiegirl 09:29 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I wonder if Vermont providers are required to have permission forms on site each time or just a standard form that covers any time a provider chooses to dose a kid?

I've read some lax and some down right scary open ended med. permission forms and policies so I wonder.

I hate feeling jaded but I want to know how thoroughly the parents were interviewed questioned? I just can't help but feel like parents shouldn't automatically be innocent vs the way providers are always automatically guilty.
I'm pretty sure it's each time and it has to come in an original container from the parent themselves. We were also told we couldn't keep anything like children's Tylenol on hand, to administer, it all has to come from the parent.

So so sad.

Vermont also had a death in a dc a couple years ago, a so called free range dc where the class and staff had taken a walk to the brook. When they returned nobody noticed one child was missing until the parent showed up for pick up. The little boy drowned in the brook and nobody even noticed. How the he!! does a child get missed like that??? Especially with more than one staff member present? Too busy gabbing with each other or on the cell phones? Not counting heads 100 times a day like we're taught to do??

A whole different type of totally preventable death.