View Single Post
CityGarden 09:24 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by WBee:
Here we go again! Snowstorm today with a one-hour delay. I had a new family start I gave them the form and told them we follow our elementary school system for delays and closings and here they are in my driveway. I feel like I don't get it when it's really them that don't get it. And the child's mom is a school teacher! I give up.
My program also follows the local school district for closures but I do email parents a list of those dates (at the start of the year).

I would also email a closure notification for any unexpected closures from the school district (weather, earth quake, fire, bomb threat, active shooter, etc.). Since most of my families would not be notified if the school was closed unexpectedly sending them an email or group text helps avoid them not being informed. My little group of 5 live in 4 different school districts and all have different calendars and closure policies so I do not assume they will know - even if they are a teacher.

Originally Posted by WBee:
I had put a note on my door ahead of time this time, kept my blinds closed and lights off and stayed upstairs. Yay me!
Good for you!!!