View Single Post
familyschoolcare 07:33 AM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
Lice IS highly contagious. Whether you've got a grip on it or not doesn't change that fact.

I don't think it's fair to force a parent to pay if they choose to keep their child home out of fear of threat of a communicable parasite -or- force them to go to your home and continue to subject that child to the risk.

Neither would be an acceptable option for me.

I realize it came from your child's school, is not your fault, and you're doing all you can but this isn't the parents fault either and you're essentially punishing them either way they decide for a situation they didn't create or have anything to do with.
Intresting input

FYI here the middles schools do nothing about a head lice exposure untill they see a "pattern" or atleast %10 of the school is infeasted. Also, in acordance with santa clara health department guidlines they do not send children home, they simply inform parents at the end of the day.

You in put does give a different side of the story. I just do not see how keeping a child home from day care will help. Given that said child will stil come to day care 1/2 of the week and still attend school.