View Single Post
debbiedoeszip 11:18 AM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
Don't let dcb back in without a doctor's note of clearance first, even with your child having it. Btdt, and replacing your eye make-up isn't cheap!
Fyi... as mentioned, most children's eyes clear up within that first 24 hour, medicated period before consisered non-contagious, but some children will still have slight goopy eyes while on the medication for about a week. I didn't know this....and would continue feaking out thinking the child was still contagious....
And not to sound like I run a dirty child care or anything, but other than pink eye being a nuisance with the contagiousness and disinfecting, it isn't a major health threat. That tid bit helped me relax.....at least a little bit
Hope this helps
I agree about the seriousness (or lack of it) of pink eye. My DS (now 17) had it a few times as a young child and I think he actually gave it to himself (wiping nose with back of hand, then rubbing eyes with back of hand). Drops cleared it up quickly. I made sure to have him wash his hands more frequently when he had colds or allergies and it kept it from recurring.