View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 04:09 PM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by imtatum:
It has been reported. IMO she terminated my care because it is in my contract that my rates won't be raised until 2014. She can charge more money and have an easier child by letting mine go. I didn't keep mg pulling them a secret to stiff her. I am not that kind of person. But with everything else going on I was worried. And I didn't have confirmation until after I dropped off the boys that morning that they could start in the temp place on Monday.
So once you knew you discussed it with her correct? And she released you of your contract? As in she agreed that you didn't have to stay and pay the rest of the month's fees correct? I'm still wondering about this.

I'm not saying that you are "that type of person", just saying that it's what it looks like. If your provider was looking for a reason to terminate your care then filling your spot with someone else could be a good reason, it would make sense to let you leave early and not expect payment if she had someone to fill your spot for more money that what she would be getting from you.

Did she give you receipts for your payments? Did you give her checks? These could serve to your purpose as evidence that you paid the same amount every week. If you can convince another parent to stand as your witness that there were days that she closed other than holidays and that can remember or has written the dates down then this can be the proof you need in small claims court should she take you there if you decide to deduct the amount for these days from your amount owed. You never know it might help (if that is something that you are entertaining). It would be best to talk to a lawyer about it but I know how difficult that is financially.

Let this also serve as a learning experience. Make sure that the next place has a clause in the contract about termination and that it charges you correctly. If you were paying cash before make sure to expect receipts this time or pay through checks so that you have proof that you paid. It stinks that this situation got nasty but at least your child will be in better hands.