View Single Post
laundrymom 09:52 AM 09-22-2011
First of all. Call the school. Ask them if they video taped it. Ask for the numbers of any other parents whose child had a solo, in this electronic media age SOMEONE taped it beg borrow or pay for that copy!!!

Personally you followed the guidelines in your contract. It says if parents don't show up? Not I will try calling back up pickups and if they can't come I'll take child with me???

Third tell your daughter that this or something like this will NEVER happen again.

Hindsight says, you should have sat right there in your chair watched the performance and waved at your daughter:-). While telling mom you refuse to let your daughter down on such an important night because she chose to not pick up on time. That the moment she finished singing you would be right out or she could come directly to your row and you will send child down. That your late fees accrue until she has possession of her child. As outlined in your contract. In the same section that explains your policy on a parent refusing to arrive to pick up on time. That you signed at enrollment. Further more your contract is hereby terminated effective immediately, oh wait, she's singing, I'll call you in 3 minutes. And hang up. Silent your phone, and put it in your bag.

After she sings, you go stand by a cop ( they are almost always somewhere nearby) and call mom back. Tell her where YOU ARE. and have her find you. She won't show her arse in front of the cop. If she does just say, she was a childcare parent who refused to pick up her child. We had to be here and she agreed in her contract on this procedure at enrollment. And let it toll off you like water on a duck. If she contacts you tell her, YOU abandoned your child at her daycare. Did you expect me to just wait around for you to decide to show up? I was nice and didn't call CPs for abandonment. I followed our contract even though I didn't know when you would return. Out of curtesy to you.