View Single Post
rhondawarren 01:52 PM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I do not provide a preschool program. I am NOT a teacher. I am a replacement for mommy and daddy while they are working. This is not to say that we don't "teach". I try to use every moment I can to teach them something. ABC's, counting, colors, etc. We also focus on life skills, taking turns, sharing, interacting with others, washing hands, covering our mouths when we cough or sneeze and on and on. They have ALL the rest of their lives to go to school. They have a very very short bit of time to be kids! I try to embrace that!
Wow!!! You sound just like me!!!
Thats what Ive always thought. But I wondered if I needed to offer a pre-school program in order to be competitive in Child Care so to speak. None of the parents that Ive had so far have even questioned what I do with the children or even asked about a pre-school program. I know they realize I do things with the children. In fact the one that has been coming to me for a year, his parents tell me all of the time just how much he has learned since he started coming here That makes me feel good and thats without a pre-school program in place.